News from Debra H. Goldstein
King River's Life's Mysteryrat's Maze Podcast features Pig Lickin' Good, which was a 2020 Derringer Short Story Award finalist. Debra's story originally was published in Malice Domestic's Mystery Most Edible (2019).Read More →
Past News & Mentions
- Debra read two Bedtime Stories and participated in an authors tea from the Florida Gulf Coast SinC booth as part of the SW Florida Reading Festival. Featured stories can be found you you tube: https://www.youtube.com/c/FloridaGulfCoastSistersinCrime/featured
- Two Bites Too Many named 2020 Silver Falchion finalist (Killer Nashville).
- Wabbit's Carat won Honorable Mention in the 2020 Bethlehem Writers Roundtable Competition and was published in the January 2021 issue.
- Debra named 2020 Derringer finalist for Pig Lickin' Good which was published in Mystery Most Edible - Malice Domestic (2019).
- Ashley Hasty (HastyBookList.com) includes Debra as one of 25 Authors and How They're Doing with Social Distance.
- Guideposts - "Murder, She Wrote: Could This Judge Juggle Two Careers?" - why Debra gave up her lifetime judicial appointment.
- Ezvid Video Wiki includes Debra H. Goldstein as one of "7 Authors Who Write Tantalizing Mysteries" (January 2020).
- Live at 9 - interview - Memphis (January 13, 2020).
- Two Bites Too Many January 2020 tour includes Murder by the Book (Houston), The Book Bar (Denver), The Poisoned Pen (Scottsdale), and Novel (Memphis).
- Two Bites Too Many launches at Barnes & Noble and Little Professor Book Center - October 6 and 17, 2019.
- Alabama Public Radio Review — February 10, 2019
Also printed in the Tuscaloosa News by Dr. Don Noble - Click the image to the right
- One Taste Too Many launches at Barnes & Noble and Little Professor Book Center - January 13 and 15, 2019.
- Goldstein's short story, "The Dinner Gift," wins 2018 Bethlehem Writers Roundtable Award.
- ANTHONY and AGATHA Award Short Story Nominee! - Goldstein's story "The Night They Burned Ms. Dixie's Place," Alfred Hitchcock Mystery Magazine (May/June 2017) has been named a finalist for both an Anthony and an Agatha Award. The story can be read at: http://www.alfredhitchcockmysterymagazine.com/assets/4/6/Goldstein_Night-Goldstein.pdf
- Goldstein signs 3 book print deal with Kensington Press for the new Sarah Blair mystery series!
- Christmas with the Shark was published by The Birmingham Arts Journal (Summer 2018)
- Mystery Weekly features Day After Thanksgiving Soup on the cover of its paperback edition (November 2017).
- Day of the Dark, a July 2017 anthology of eclipse related stories, includes Goldstein's A Golden Eclipse.
- Debra H. Goldstein named on the cover of Alfred Hitchcock Mystery Magazine for her story of crime & passion - "The Night They Burned Ms. Dixie's Place" (May/June 2017). It is Goldstein's first appearance in AHMM.
- Hadassah recommends Should Have Played Poker as summer read!
- Debra H. Goldstein profiled in Southern Writers Magazine (July/August 2016 - p. 28 Positive Maturity and B-Metro honor Debra H. Goldstein at Top 50 Over 50 Dinner – July 31, 2014
- Harlequin Worldwide Mystery selects Maze in Blue as May 2014 Featured Book
- "Scout’s Honor: Judge Debra Goldstein Earns Lifetime Achievement Award" – Over The Mountain Journal – March 7, 2013
- "Meet Judge Debra Goldstein, 2013 Woman of Distinction – Mildred Bell Johnson Awardee" – February, 2013
- Maze in Blue receives 2012 IPPY AWARD (Independent Book Award) - June 1, 2012
- Best-Sellers Around Town – Little Professor Book Center – Maze in Blue #2 – The Birmingham News -April 1, 2012
- "A murder in maize – Debut novel by ‘U’ alum is full of spirited surprises" – The Michigan Daily – November 8, 2011
- Maze in Blue recognized by USA Book News
- Maze in Blue Again Local Bestseller! – The Birmingham News
- Debra H. Goldstein appears on Fox 6
- Maze in Blue Book Signing Supports Breast Cancer Research – Birmingham Business Journal
- ROBIN DeMONIA: Judge, author, what next for Debra Goldstein? - The Birmingham News – al.com (blog)